Travel & Logistics
Institute participants should fly into Austin Bergstrom International Airport.
- A cab from the airport to campus takes about 45 minutes (in traffic) and costs about $30.
- Ride sharing is available through RideAustin, Uber, Lyft and other companies.
- The Capital Metro bus system has routes that go to and from the airport. A single ride costs $1.25. A day pass is $2.50. Passes can be purchased online and have mobile options. We will provide bus passes for attendees once you arrive on campus, so you won’t need more than a day pass.
- Alternative transportation:
- Austin B-cycle rents bikes with prices starting at $12/day.
- Electric scooters are widely available once you get to campus. Rates vary, but a typical fare is less than $5/ride.
- Pedicab tours start at $30/hour for two people.
Participants are welcome to arrange for their own lodging. If you are looking for a nearby hotel, we recommend the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center on campus or the Hampton Inn and Suites across the street from campus.
Alternately, during the registration process, DFMI participants can reserve a single dorm room with a private bathroom in LIttlefield Hall at the rate of $95/night. Dorm rooms and the suggested hotels are both a 10 minute walk away from the DWRL where activities will be held.